The Biergarten is looking for a new assistant manager!
The Biergarten is an award winning micro pub and bottle shop, based in north Milton Keynes. We specialise in European beers, local ales and the best craft beer from around the world. The shop organises its own beer festivals, events and subscription scheme and is at the forefront of the Milton Keynes beer scene. We also attend external events in our tap van and host private functions at the pub. Our core values are excellent service, a relaxed atmosphere and enthusiasm for the beer we sell.
We are looking for someone to be at the forefront of our crew in 2019 and would like to hear from you! Our new assistant manager...
* is a proactive, friendly person who is well organised, trustworthy and reliable
* loves craft beer, is passionate about the local beer scene and knows their Beavertown from their Cloudwater
* has pub/bar/bottle shop experience, ideally including cellar work
* understands the importance of personal and friendly customer service and knows how to make customers feel at home
* is a good social media user and ideally has some informal marketing experience
* has a passion for awesome events which become the talk of the town
Does that sound like you? Some of these things can be taught, but others, like a friendly, professional manner and passion for craft beer, are essential before you apply.
We offer either a permanent full time or part time job (depending the right candidate), which includes regular shift work at the pub or events. The job comes with work place pension contributions, a good pro rata holiday allocation and plenty of pub perks.
The duties of the assistant manager are complex and we are looking for a proactive person who can dedicate time and energy to the shop. Here are some of the things you would be doing:
* Shift service, including serving, stocking and lots of cleaning
* General responsibility for the shop, its interior and atmosphere
* Cellar management and maintenance (kegs, cask, bottles and cans)
* Stock management and ordering, including budgeting and financial planning
* Coordinating our monthly Bierbox subscriptions (incl some copy writing)
* Organisation of monthly special events such as tastings
* Social media and some marketing
* Some staff management duties, including training new staff
* Proactively booking the Biergarten event bar into external events
* Organising of two beer festivals a year
* Emergency cover
Pay starts at £17k+ p/a plus a performance bonus potential of about another £1k a year. Extra benefits include 10% discount on the bar, free samples, free entrance to trade shows and beer festivals, free beer merchandise- and being able to order your favourite beers to the shop! There might be other financial incentives for the right candidate including a possible share allocation.
We are looking for the new candidate to start in the new year.
If you are interested in applying for the assistant manager position, please get in touch below. Please note that we do not accept CVs, but might ask you for one if we feel it matters to your application. We look forward to hearing from you!