The Biergarten is looking for a new assistant manager!
The Biergarten is an award winning micro pub and bottle shop, based in north Milton Keynes. We work closely with our sister pub Beer Bear in Stony Stratford and are a friendly team of ten people working across the two shops. The Biergarten specialises in European beers, local ales and the best craft beer from around the world. We organise our own beer festival, events and subscription scheme and are at the forefront of the Milton Keynes beer scene. Our core values are excellent service, a relaxed atmosphere and enthusiasm for the beer we sell.
We are now looking for someone to be at the forefront of our crew and would like to hear from you! Our new assistant manager...
* is a proactive, friendly person who is well organised, trustworthy and reliable
* loves craft beer, is passionate about the local beer scene and knows their Beavertown from their Cloudwater
* has pub/bar/bottle shop experience, ideally including cellar work
* understands the importance of personal and friendly customer service and knows how to make customers feel at home
* is a good social media user and ideally has some marketing experience
* has a passion for awesome events which become the talk of the town
Does that sound like you? Some of these things can be taught, but others, like a friendly, professional manner and passion for craft beer, are essential before you apply.
We offer a full time job which includes the following shifts: Tue 16:30-20:30, Wed 16:30-20:30, Thu 16:30-20:30, Fri 11:30-17:00, Sat 17:00-23:00 and Sun 11:30-18:30. In addition to the shifts, there might be some cover and event work, though this will be no more than two shifts a month. The job comes with a full holiday allocation of 25 days. If you are worried that these hours are going to be difficult for you, we might be able to negotiate other times.
The duties of the assistant manager are complex and we are looking for a proactive person who can dedicate time and energy to the shop. Here are some of the things you would be doing:
* Shift service, including serving, stocking and lots of cleaning
* General responsibility for the shop, its interior and atmosphere
* Cellar management and maintenance (kegs, cask, bottles and cans)
* Stock management and ordering, including budgeting and financial planning
* Coordinating our monthly Bierbox subscriptions (incl some copy writing)
* Organisation of monthly special events such as tastings
* Social media and some marketing
* Some staff management duties, including training new staff
* Proactively booking the Biergarten event bar into external events
* Emergency cover
Pay starts at £17k+ p/a plus a performance bonus potential of about another £1k a year. Extra benefits include 10% discount on the bar, free samples, free entrance to trade shows and beer festivals, free beer merchandise- and being able to order your favourite beers to the shop! There might be other financial incentives for the right candidate including a possible share allocation.
If you are interested in applying for the assistant manager position, please get in touch below. Please note that we do not accept CVs, but might ask you for one if we feel it matters to your application. We look forward to hearing from you!